Shortlist tool

Use this tool to build your own journey or choose from an exciting range of specially selected tours.

Search Again

Type:
Location:
Name:

Attractions

Rushy Common and Tar Lakes

Rushy Common Nature Reserve

Rushy Common and neighbouring Tar Lakes is a 30 hectare site with three lakes, left after gravel extraction in the Lower Windrush Valley, that are...

Heythrop - St Nicholas' Church

St Nicholas' Church
The Vicarage
Chadlington
Chipping Norton
Oxfordshire
OX7 3LY
Heythrop - St Nicholas' Church

Heythrop has two churches. The main church was built in the 1870s, using local stone, by Albert Brassey, who owned Heythrop Park. It is typical of the Victorian gothic style and is in good order. It has three bells but these are only able to be chimed. As the only public building in the parish it is used for village meetings. The church replaced a Norman church, the chancel of which still exists to the south east in a hidden walled churchyard, which is opened once a year for a summer ‘Songs of Praise’ service. The old church has a striking west doorway from around 1170.

Opening Times

2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)